Why I Love My Church? Let me count the ways!
“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” John 13:34-35
- They have loved and supported my family from the day we arrived.
- They continue to love and support my family as we journey through our adoption process.
- They are patient with me as I pastor, preach, and lead within the church.
- They are a multi-generational church that is passionate about reaching families.
- They love being members of Shady Oaks Baptist Church.
- They love to give and sacrifice to the Lord for the good of others.
- They bless my life when I hear them sing praises to God.
- They love to listen to, study, and apply God’s Word to their lives.
- They are a praying church.
- They enjoy having fellowship with others.
- They care for one another.
- They are NICE, and they are FUN to be around!
- They have ministered faithfully in our community for 60 years, and are looking forward to the future.
- They don’t run when things get tough. They love, stay, pray, and press on!
- They are making a local, national, and global impact with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- They are not perfect, but they love the Lord, His Word, and love to reach people in His name.
These are just a few of the reasons why I love my church family at Shady Oaks Baptist Church!
I hope you will spend time this week giving thanks to God for your church family as well.