If you know me at all, you know that I love Christmas! I love everything about Christmas! I love the sights, the sounds, the food, and all of the festive gatherings. As a child, one of my favorite Christmas traditions was decorating our family Christmas tree, and our fireplace mantle with garland and lights. After everything was all decorated, I would watch my dad build a roaring fire in the fireplace and would sit in front of the fireplace while watching Christmas movies in the warm glow of our Christmas traditions.
Even today, I try to make these same Christmas traditions a priority in our home, as well as finding new ways to make the Christmas season special for my family.
Here is a list of some of my favorite family Christmas traditions:
- Decorate the trees and fireplace mantle
- Teach our kids that Christmas is about Jesus by finding creative ways to spend devotional time with my family each day of Advent
- Watching our favorite Christmas movies: White Christmas, Christmas Vacation, Elf, A Christmas Story, and It’s A Wonderful Life
- Watching my beautiful wife put together her annual Christmas puzzle with our kids – I’m not a puzzle guy, but I love that she is!
- Loading up in the car with Christmas goodies and drive around looking at Christmas lights
- On Christmas Eve we get in our Christmas PJs, and, of course, we let the kids open one early present while grazing on some wonderful snack foods
- And this year we get to go to Church on Christmas Day at 11:00 a.m. worship!
I’m praying your Christmas is filled with joy this year as you celebrate the Good News of Great Joy, spend time with family and friends, and worship Jesus!