I am honored that God has called me to pastor a wonderful church. Shady Oaks Baptist Church is filled with amazing people who love the Lord with all their heart and love to see life change in Christ!
Here are a few things I’m praying for in 2017 to help us grow in our Vision to see DFW, America, and our world changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ, and our Mission by glorifying God and making disciples one family at a time.
- I’m praying for our church to be Centered In God’s Word, and Sent Into God’s World. Beginning January 8, 2017 we will begin a journey through the Bible. We will start in Genesis and end 2017 in Revelation.
- I’m praying for our church to grow in our understanding of Christ-Centered Worship. This year we will continue to build upon our desire to use the best of the old, and the best of the new to lead our families in our worship that exalts Christ.
- I’m also praying for our church to embrace and grow through a new Family Worship resource that will begin in the Spring of 2017.
Establish Our Faith
- I’m praying for our Life Groups to help us in these areas:
Learn and apply God’s Word
Invite others to become Christ followers
Form authentic relationships
Engage in service to others
We will continue to use The Gospel Project which is a Christ-Centered Chronological Bible Study for all ages.
- I’m also praying for several of our Life Groups to raise up and equip new leaders so we can multiply and start new Life Groups.
Equip The Church
- I’m praying for our church to become better equipped and discipled in our walk with Christ. Beginning Wednesday, January 4 we will offer some wonderful equipping classes. Click Here to find our more information about our Oaks Equipping Center.
- I’m praying for our church to have a deeper understanding of what true Biblical Church Membership really is and what is consists of.
- I am praying, and have been praying for about a year now, for our church to be sent out and engage others with the Gospel personally, locally, and globally. Beginning in 2017, we will embark on our One Mile To Go Evangelism Initiative. I’m not sure when we will complete this goal, but we will start going door-to-door talking with people, praying for people, and sharing the Gospel with people.
I hope you’ll join me in praying for Shady Oaks Baptist Church in 2017!