At Shady Oaks Baptist Church, worshipping God is vitally important in the life of our church. Each week we prayerfully approach the Sunday morning worship service with a sense of awe that is directed to our great God! We strive to remove all that might seem trivial, entertaining, and worldly. I’m not saying that the way we worship is the only way, but for our church, this is what we believe God has led us to.
For example, we don’t have a children’s sermon or a children’s service as part of our Sunday morning schedule. We have done this in the past, but in the long run those times didn’t help us achieve our mission of making disciples one family at a time.
Here are a few reasons why we value the Family Worshipping Together:
- We want to help families to fall in love with the worship of God.
- Worshipping God as a family promotes unity.
- It’s important for parents to be the primary model for worship and to teach their children by their own example the meaning and value of worship through prayers, praise, and hearing the preaching of God’s Word.
- Families worshipping together on Sunday mornings exalts the Savior, edifies the body of Christ, and helps evangelize the lost world.
- Families worshipping together on Sunday mornings give children the opportunity to be a part entire family of God.
- The Sunday morning worship service provides parents resources to use throughout the week to teach their children the great truths of our faith.
- We love to see, and hear children in our worship services because they teach us that the church is alive and growing.
- Families worshipping together in one hour together allows everyone to hear the same message about our great God.
- Families worshipping together communicates that no matter what your age is, you are an important part of the family of God.
- After the worship service is over, it allows parents to disciple their children in the ways they participated wonderfully, and the ways they can improve for next Sunday.
- Families worshipping together promotes a holistic sense of awe at the greatness of God.
It is my prayer for every family to look forward to the great joy and honor of worshipping God together as a family. I hope you will join us every Sunday at 11:00 a.m. and begin praying for every family that attends to grow in our worship of God.