Happy Friday Shady Oaks,
I’ve got a lot on my mind right now, and I have to type it out!
- This Sunday I am preaching from John 21 and I am so excited. If you’ve ever experienced a failure in life, and we all have, this is a great Sunday to attend Shady Oaks Baptist Church! No matter what has happened in your past, there is HOPE in Christ to move forward!
- The next Sunday on August 20, we will be observing the Lord’s Supper. This is always a special time for our church family. I love when we gather together as a church family and take The Lord’s Supper, it “is a symbolic act of obedience whereby members of the church, through partaking of the bread and the fruit of the vine, memorialize the death of the Redeemer and anticipate His second coming.” – Baptist Faith and Message 2000
- Then on the following Sunday, August 27 we begin a 4 week series called I LOVE MY CHURCH! This is going to be a powerful time in the life of our church to hear from God’s Word and take steps to not just come to church, but BE THE CHURCH! I hope you will INVITE our family and friends to be apart of this series that begins on August 27!
- Then on Tuesday, August 29, my staff and I will begin a 9 month staff-development process with the Tarrant Baptist Association. This has come from months of prayer and discussion with my staff, and our church deacons. We have been praying for God to reveal to us HIS VISION for our church! If you are a member of Shady Oaks Baptist Church, I want to encourage you to pray with us for God to reveal to ALL of us what His Vision is for our great church!
- I am so thankful for how God is allowing SOBC to partner with our Brazil Church Planting Team! I am in awe of what God is doing in Brazil and pray more churches will join us in reaching the nations with the Gospel!
- I Love that we have had to offer several Discover Shady Oaks classes this year for new people wanting to know more, and how to join our church!
- Men of Shady Oaks! On Tuesday, October 3rd, I want to invite every man of our church, their sons, and friends to attend with me at the annual RIVERBEND RETREAT CENTER MEN’S FISH FRY!
Featuring Jonathan Evans, son of Dr. Tony Evans and Chaplain to the Dallas Cowboys Tuesday, October 03, 2017, 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM
Begins at 6:00 PM in the Dining Hall
Tickets: $8 by September 18th | $10 after September 18th
Get Fish Fry tickets HERE
If you’re interested in attending the Fish Fry Golf Classic, Click Here!