Sunday is coming to an end and I’ve got a lot of things on my mind. Here is a Sunday Oaks Recap…
- I loved preaching on the Gospel of Jesus Christ today!
- I am so humbled that I was able to share the Gospel with someone today after the service and lead her to accept Jesus Christ as her Lord and Savior!
- Our attendance was down due to a lot of sickness. UGH!
- One of my prayers is for our church membership to take seriously and passionately the ministry of inviting others to church on Sunday.
- Today our Personnel Committee recognized our staff and spouses for Pastor Appreciation Month. Sally and I were totally blessed by their kind words and gifts. We love serving Shady Oaks Baptist Church!
- I’m a little bummed that we might have to cancel our Trunk-Or-Treat on October 31 due to rain.
- I received word today that one of our church member’s granddaughters passed at an early age. My heart breaks for the family and I hope they will find comfort in the God of all comfort.
Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.
1 Corinthians 1:3-4
- Sunday, November 5, 12, & 19 we will hold anther Discover Shady Oaks class. If you are desiring membership at SOBC, CLICK HERE to find out more information and sign up!
- We all know of someone who is far from God living in spiritual death and spiritual darkness. Let’s love them enough to tell them of the Gospel – The Good News – of Jesus Christ.
- What an amazing WORLD SERIES! Am I right?