I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart; I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. Psalm 9:1 (ESV)
Last year I wrote a similar post, and once again I would like to express my thanks to my church family.
Here are a few reasons why I love Shady Oaks Baptist Church.
- Patient. My church has been extremely patient with me over the past six years while I grow as a pastor and preacher. They have allowed me time to grow in these areas and I believe it is all because they are a church that loves at all times and has a desire to see everyone grow spiritually. I know I have a long way to go, and a lot to learn, and I am thankful my church will patiently pray for me and allow the Spirit’s work to continue in me.
- Generational. We have several generations in our church and it is working well because the older generation is investing down into the younger generation, and the younger generation is opening up to the older generation. You can listen to a sermon I recently preached on this very subject. I love seeing all of our generations worshiping together each Sunday.
- Open To Change. Yep, that’s right! I pastor a Baptist church that is open to change and I am thankful. Over the years our church has had to change her methods in order to continue to reach and minister to families. Just this year, our staff worked out a plan to move our children’s ministry (Grades K-5) to another part of our campus. This will be a HUGE change, but one that has been embraced joy.
- Our Staff. I am thankful for our staff and how they serve our church. They have a variety of gifts and they use them to the glory of God and for the good of His people. They work hard and they often times do things that go unnoticed by the church at large. If you’re a member of Shady Oaks Baptist Church, take some time over the next few weeks and tell Michael, Richard, Christy, Barry, Josh, Laura, Gail, Fe, and Austin thank you!
- Our Life Group Leaders. Every week we have some of the most dedicated and talented Life Group leaders. They prayerfully prepare for our time in God’s Word as we establish our faith together. From preschool to senior adults, I am thankful for the many who lead and facilitate in our Sunday Life Groups.
- Senior Adult Bible Study. Since September of this year I have had the honor to teach our Senior Adults on Wednesday nights at 6:00 p.m. We have been going through the book of 1 John and it has been a real blessing. At first, I was just filling in, but now, I love studying God’s Word with them and look forward to it each week. I am thankful we are on this journey together in 1 John as I prepare to take our church through the Gospel of John in 2018!
These are just a few of the reasons I’m thankful for Shady Oaks Baptist Church. I love being your pastor. Happy Thanksgiving!