I can’t believe we’re already in the month of February, 2018! So much has happened since the last time I posted on my blog. Now that we’re in 2018 I wanted to start this year off (YES a little late) with a few things I’m excited about now and in the coming months at Shady Oaks Baptist Church.
Thank you for taking the time to read about what I am looking forward to in the first quarter of 2018 at Shady Oaks Baptist Church.
- We are currently in a sermon series through the Gospel of John! I want to invite you to join us every Sunday at 11:00 a.m. at SOCB to worship with your family as we open up God’s Word as I preach expostiontionaly through the Gospel of John.
- Our Discover Shady Oaks class begins again Sunday, February 11. If you’re sensing that God is drawing you to the family at Shady Oaks, or if you’re interested in knowing more about Shady Oaks and what it means to be a member, Discover Shady Oaks is for you! You an register HERE!
- Sunday, February 11 we are gathering with our children, student, adult, and senior adult leaders at 5:00 p.m. for our monthly Leadership Huddle. During this time we will be setting the tone for this new year and uniting our teams together as we head toward Easter.
- Friday, March 2 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. we are hosting our 1st annual Men’s Gathering! This night will include a BBQ dinner, praise and worship, and a challenging word for our men from Dr. Richard Ross. We will also be unveiling our plan for our Men’s Ministry for the upcoming year. You can sign up and register HERE!
- Our first quarterly Church Family Dinner is something new that I’m really excited about and looking forward to. The purpose of this night is to encourage our church to be a family. Beginning at 5:00 p.m. we will Eat Together, Meet Together, Celebrate Together, and Dream Together. That means there will be food and fellowship. Communication from our committees and staff and hearing the vision for for our church for the new year.
- Finally, as a church we are prayerfully preparing for Easter 2018! This year we will take a break from our sermon series in the Gospel of John, and spend some focused time on Palm Sunday, Good Friday, and Easter Sunday in a series called, “Come Alive!”
I hope you will be in prayer and join us as we seek to make a Gospel-Impact in our community, state, and world to the Glory of God!