WOW! What a whirlwind of a summer! We brought Lottie home on June 17th and I thought this would be a good time to update everyone on how things are going! Here are the highlights.
- Lottie is full of energy, joy, laughter, and many other emotions!
- Our family is bonding with her and this is a beautiful thing.
- Lottie is smart and she’s a thinker.
- She loves to try new foods, but when she doesn’t like something, she will tell us!
- We have experienced a lot of tears, sleepless nights, and loud melt-downs.
- Our family schedule has changed drastically…we’ve had to slow down.
- She’s a good sleeper, and loves to take baths.
- We are slowly introducing her to family, and our church family.
- We are learning how to communicate with each other in English. This is fun and challenging.
- She does NOT like our dog! This has been a challenge.
- When Lottie waves her hand at you, she is not saying, “HI!” What she is really saying is, “I’ve had enough, and I’m ready for you to leave.” She’s not being rude. She’s just ready to CHILL! A lot of people overwhelm her greatly.
- Adoption is the hardest thing Sally and I have done. The Good News is that Adoption is the Gospel! God has shown us His great love for us through this process in a child who sometimes doesn’t want love, or affection, or even hugs. Even when we continue to reject God, He continues to love us in spite of our rejection. We are thankful to God that He is allowing us to live out the Gospel through our adoption.
- Here is a great way you can help us out…PRAY! Pray for our family to be brought closer through the Gospel and not separated by the pressures of adoption.
This is a picture of my daughter Lottie! I can’t wait to see her face to face, hold her as her Daddy, and love her forever! This blog post will unload all that is going on in my mind in regards to the adoption process that I am going through. Continue reading
The next few Sundays at Shady Oaks Baptist Church are going to be exciting. This has been an exciting season for our church, and I’m so excited to see what God is going to do each Sunday. Each and every Sunday during our morning worship service, I am seeing our church members truly encounter our Great God in worship! Our church is singing out praises to God like never before! I am so excited to be at Shady Oaks Baptist every Sunday. Here’s just a few things we can all be looking forward to. Continue reading
This is my daughter, Lottie. Yesterday, she celebrated her third birthday with her friends at her orphanage. My wife and I sent Lottie, and her friends this birthday cake and a party for all of them to enjoy! Continue reading
Operation Christmas Child Shoebox Delivery
A small shoebox can have a big impact. What goes into the box is fun, but what comes out of it is eternal. Be a part of changing children’s lives all over the world in Jesus’ Name through the power of a simple gift with Operation Christmas Child.
Bring your shoebox full of gifts to Shady Oaks Baptist Church on Sunday, November 13 and help change a child’s life. Continue reading
Always Keep Smiling! Several months ago we began the adoption journey, and at first it was not easy to Always Keep Smiling. From the beginning of our adoption process, we’ve had to fill out a lot of paper work, and more paper work, and even more paper work. We’ve had to get a physical, our blood drawn, our finger printed, interviewed, and did I mention all the paper work? In spite of all of that, God is taking us on this wonderful journey to adopt, and to Always Keep Smiling has become easier and easier to do! I mean, why wouldn’t I Always Keep Smiling? I serve a Mighty God who loves me and provides
This Sunday, November 13 at Shady Oaks Baptist Church we will celebrate Orphan Sunday! As Christians, we are a people called to defend the fatherless…to care for the child that has no family…to visit orphans in their distress.
On Orphan Sunday, we along with thousands of other churches Continue reading