WOW! What a whirlwind of a summer! We brought Lottie home on June 17th and I thought this would be a good time to update everyone on how things are going! Here are the highlights.
- Lottie is full of energy, joy, laughter, and many other emotions!
- Our family is bonding with her and this is a beautiful thing.
- Lottie is smart and she’s a thinker.
- She loves to try new foods, but when she doesn’t like something, she will tell us!
- We have experienced a lot of tears, sleepless nights, and loud melt-downs.
- Our family schedule has changed drastically…we’ve had to slow down.
- She’s a good sleeper, and loves to take baths.
- We are slowly introducing her to family, and our church family.
- We are learning how to communicate with each other in English. This is fun and challenging.
- She does NOT like our dog! This has been a challenge.
- When Lottie waves her hand at you, she is not saying, “HI!” What she is really saying is, “I’ve had enough, and I’m ready for you to leave.” She’s not being rude. She’s just ready to CHILL! A lot of people overwhelm her greatly.
- Adoption is the hardest thing Sally and I have done. The Good News is that Adoption is the Gospel! God has shown us His great love for us through this process in a child who sometimes doesn’t want love, or affection, or even hugs. Even when we continue to reject God, He continues to love us in spite of our rejection. We are thankful to God that He is allowing us to live out the Gospel through our adoption.
- Here is a great way you can help us out…PRAY! Pray for our family to be brought closer through the Gospel and not separated by the pressures of adoption.
This is a picture of my daughter Lottie! I can’t wait to see her face to face, hold her as her Daddy, and love her forever! This blog post will unload all that is going on in my mind in regards to the adoption process that I am going through. Continue reading
Here are a six blog posts I read recently that I want to share. Enjoy! Continue reading
This is my daughter, Lottie. Yesterday, she celebrated her third birthday with her friends at her orphanage. My wife and I sent Lottie, and her friends this birthday cake and a party for all of them to enjoy! Continue reading
Thomas Paine once said, “These are the times that try men’s souls.” Paine’s words still ring true today.
In The Beginning . A New Sermon Series
Sunday, January 8 we begin a new sermon series taking us on a year-long journey through the Bible that will begin in the book of Genesis and end in the book of Revelation. Our goal this year throughout each sermon series is to see our church members Centered on God’s Word and Sent into God’s World. Who will you invite to attend our Sunday services? I hope we can all be intentional and make inviting to church a priority. This is a great time of the year to invest and invite. Continue reading
It’s Christmas Eve! What are you thinking about right now on Christmas Eve? Are you thinking about your last-minute Christmas shopping that you still need to do? Are you thinking about all the food you need to prepare for your family? How about all the presents you still need to wrap? WOW! Continue reading
This is the third post in a series of posts based on Philippians 4:1-9. You can read my first post here, and the second post here.
The reason for this series is for us to take God’s Word, and apply it to our lives in hopes we can keep the JOY of Christmas alive all year-long in 2017!
As we continue to read in Philippians, we see the Apostle Paul writing some encouraging words for us all. Here is the third way to Repeat The Sounding Joy…All Year Long! Continue reading
Several years ago while serving at my first church, I got called into the pastor’s office. When I arrived I noticed that sitting in the room with my pastor was the Chairman of Deacons & another church member. I was young, so I thought I was going to be congratulated, or get a raise. Did that happen? Nope! Continue reading
I love Christmas! Every year when November rolls around, I start getting in the Christmas spirit. For me, Christmas really is The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year! I love the sights, the sounds, the times with family and friends, and I love the story of Christmas! My favorite Christmas carols is Joy To The World! The Christmas season brings me so much JOY! Sadly, in a couple of weeks it will all be over. Like many of you, we’ll take down all the Christmas sights, the Christmas sounds will silence, and we’ll be back to business as usual. The very next week we begin a brand New Year! WOW…It will be 2017!
So, here’s what I want to know: How can we keep the joy of Christmas alive in 2017?
How can we Repeat The Sounding Joy…All Year Long? Continue reading